I've been thinking of how grateful I am for the past 3 years and the gift it has been. Among the things my dad and our family have been able to experience since his diagnosis:
-- He has been able to meet and get to know 2 new granddaughters, and enjoy the other 2 even more
-- He was able to take a cross-country trip and help my brother move to Colorado -- a sweet time for them to spend together, just the guys
-- He walked in a 5k in September for the Pancreatic Cancer Network -- one of only a handful of survivors who were able to walk.
-- He has been able to meet my brother's most serious (I'll let you all read into that one) girlfriend ever.
-- He and my mom are preparing to celebrate their 40th anniversary in December!
There are a number of other events and milestones that we have celebrated over the past 3 years, but those are the highlights for me. We are immensely grateful for the medical staff who treated him, and the friends and family who have supported us all emotionally and practically. We know you are all celebrating with us! I'm posting a few pictures below from this summer and fall - enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
This whole story makes me so happy, and brings tears to my eyes everytime I think of you all!
ReplyDelete